Friday, May 13, 2011

Pesto crusted chicken


Well hello, I said hello. How did I know that you wanted a juicy flavorful chicken dish tonight? I dunno, I just did. It's what I do.

So! If you recall I made Creamy Pesto Chicken a few weeks ago. A day or two later I wanted to use up the pesto, so I made this amazing thing. It was so good, I can't wait to make it again. Seriously!



Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts
3 tblsp pesto
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup corn meal
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 cup pasta
1 small onion
3 mushrooms
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tbslp butter
1/4 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper

broccoli 
beans
almonds
Preheat oven to 375

I decided to make the chicken "thinner" so I sliced them into thinner filets.

 Spread a bit of pesto on each filet

Combine cornmeal, bread crumbs, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.

Coat each piece and place on baking dish
I've begun lining all the pans I bake in with foil. Saves hours of scrubbing.
 Place tray in oven and bake for 30 minutes

Boil a pot of water. When it begins to boil add a good amount of salt.  


Add in the pasta and cook for about 8 minutes (or whatever the box says)

Melt butter in a pan and then add sliced mushroom, onion, garlic

 Saute for a few minutes until onion and mushrooms look "soft"

Add in the drained pasta

Add parmesan and mix well. 

 As a side you can bake broccoli, beans and some almonds in the oven along with the chicken. Mix in 1 tblsp olive and salt and pepper. 
 


 
And you're done! So, go on! You know you want to make it!! You will not regret it.
Enjoy!


 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, yummy in my tummy! Well not yet, since I didn't actually cook this, but when I do...! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete